Order your Hybrid car now.

Started by F Body, September 26, 2008, 03:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

MEPs rejected industry pleas for more time to produce greener cars.

So yesterday the Euro parliament voted for compulsory carbon emission cuts of around 17% within 4 years

So it'll be a Prius or    

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7636869.stm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7636869.stm

Roadkill

Seems the prius has a monopoly, there.

It's not even evironmentally friendly !

EDGE

HardRockCamaro

The Chevy volt will be here as an Astra by then.

Plus Honda has their civic based hybrid.

Mercedes have also got something in the works.

And I can't imagine Ford won't be able to shove something into a Focus.

Toyota have done well to get the Prius so well known.

Of course, GM could have been years ahead if they'd kept their EV1 programme going on California, but still...

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
i'll be buying a horse then !

+1

i think that'd be cool again one day....

FUBAR

Think i'll stick to the IROC and a pushbike.

I read yesterday that new EU Law has made Daytime running lights compulsory on all new vehicles from 2010 too.

The 1st thing that came to my mind was... If everyone is driving around with lights on (albeit not headlights) what are bikers going to do then to make themselves more noticable than all the cars & trucks...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
I read yesterday that new EU Law has made Daytime running lights compulsory on all new vehicles from 2010 too.

They have obviously forgotten that it will also increase fuel consumption

what are bikers going to do then to make themselves more noticable than all the cars & trucks...

We'll be like a sleeping policeman

Flip Martian

If everyone is driving around with lights on (albeit not headlights) what are bikers going to do then to make themselves more noticable than all the cars & trucks...

Handstands.

philoldsmobile

what are bikers going to do then to make themselves more noticable than all the cars & trucks...

glow in the dark leathers!