NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER USE PIXMANIA .COM - EVER !!! - I'M WARNING YOU ALL !!!

Started by Roadkill, December 02, 2008, 06:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Normally this would be the point where I'd pull out my soapbox and go into a full blown mega-rant.

But I'm not.

Needless to say that the last two-and-a-half months of dealing with them has been tiring to say the least so I really can't be bothered to go through it all.

I'm not alone - just google "pixmania customer services" and you'll get a string of bad press and complaints.

Please, PLEASE - I beg you all, save yourself the stress and stay well clear.

I thought I'd save a few quid using them but in the end it cost about the same, took longer and the item came with inferior mains leads adaptors (plus it was the wrong item).

As I say, long story, can't be arsed with it and still it's not settled.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!!

ianjpage

you still not got the refund then.....sounds like they a bunch of cowboiys!!

Roadkill

indeed.

They're now requesting info that they've confirmed as having received in an email 6 weeks ago !

Roadkill

Plus, on top of that, my bank has advised me to "be cautious" as the info I'm providing is "much more than they require" to complete the refund.

Basically my bank think they sound iffy !

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill
They're now requesting info that they've confirmed as having received in an email 6 weeks ago !

Ahh great fun!!

Plus, on top of that, my bank has advised me to "be cautious" as the info I'm providing is "much more than they require" to complete the refund.

Basically my bank think they sound iffy !

Oh thats a bit worrying then......

here's hoping it gets sorted soon.........going on what you said though i don't thinki it be quickly sorted

art b

wot went thru your mind ....their french.....

not to good a write up, here either
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Quoting: art b
wot went thru your mind ....their french.....

I know - now !!!

Their website is misleading - never once telling you that you're dealing with a french company OR that your stuff is coming from france (and is likely to be french-spec with french plugs) !!!

EDGE

the bits ive had from them were fine. they did come with a EU lug but that was easily fixed..

sorry to hear youve had issues...

HardRockCamaro

Problem with a lot of these online places with basically a name you've never heard of (yes I'v heard of pixmania, but you get my point) is that you get what you pay for, either in terms of service or item quality.

I often use these price comparison sites and if I'm looking for a tv or computer part, the top results (ie cheapest) are often companies I've never heard of with similar names containing "digital" or "pic" or whatever and they're always a few quid cheaper.  now, I look up the list to find the cheapest from a company I know.  I did try phoning a couple of unknown ones once but I either hit answering machines or call queues.

In the past when I used to just buy what I thought was like for like goods from the cheapest place possible, I ended up with a tv set with a french plug on it and a french manual, waiting weeks for delivery for items and if anything was missing in the post or faulty I had the devils time returning the item.  Now I decide if I can actually in all seriousness afford the extra few quid for the item from somewhere else, or if the item is so much cheaper, I question why...

Sorry you had hassles, what were you buying?

Roadkill

I agree.

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
what were you buying?

DVD player.

Normally I'd be buying from a shop (I hate internet shopping for that kind of thing) but for some odd reason the item I wanted seemed to be golddust !

Pixmania were one of the few that "had it" (they didn't actually have it as they sent the wrong thing) so I ordered from them.

At this point I'd like to add that I have used them before, about 4 years ago, with no issues - but NEVER AGAIN - this has more than tainted that one, good, experience.

As it happens, ironically, I've just gone back to using my old Toshiba DVD player while this was being sorted out.

What's even more ironic is I don't actually know why I stopped using it (the Tosh) in the first place !! - the picture is great, it's a good, tidy bit of kit and the layer changes are smooth.

Needless to say I won't be rushing out to buy that new DVD player just yet !

Incursus

What's even more ironic is I don't actually know why I stopped using it (the Tosh) in the first place !! - the picture is great, it's a good, tidy bit of kit and the layer changes are smooth.

Cos you couldn't multi region?

Rob

I ordered a chest freezer from them last August as the price couldn't be matched anywhere.  Within a week or so I got the old "Due to overwhelming demand this item is currently out of stock".  Well,  9 months later, I still hadn't received said freezer and after them continually prompting me to cancel my order, I gave up and did what they asked and cancelled it.  Thing was they refunded me my money, which they hadn't even taken from my account anyway....Result really.

It seemed that it was easier to undercut everyone to get business, peoples details (now get loads of spam from them) and stop other online retailers pinching all the customers when really they had no intention of fulfilling the order and had never stocked the freezer in the first place.

Wouldn't use them again.  Not even if they were the cheapest...

Kenny

Sounds like i've been lucky, I've ordered about 6 or so things from them in the past and had no problems.  I've even sent stuff back and had no problems.

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Cos you couldn't multi region?

Yeah, but I don't actually have enough "other" region DVD's to justify buying a new machine.

Yet.

Quoting: Rob
now get loads of spam from them

I get one a day !

HardRockCamaro

Normally I'd be buying from a shop (I hate internet shopping for that kind of thing) but for some odd reason the item I wanted seemed to be golddust !

Pixmania were one of the few that "had it" (they didn't actually have it as they sent the wrong thing) so I ordered from them.

I had that problem with a lens for my camera, no-one had one.  And I do mean no-one.  They were on back order everywhere, Jessops had 1,000 on back order 800 of which were already sold.  They said if I ordered that day I'd get it in 6-8 months.
I found a place online that I'd never heard of that claimed to have it which seemed odd and when I rang them and eventually got through they admitted that they didn't actually stock anything and simply had stuff direct shipped from the distributor and they said that was the stock level their website was on about.  Thing is, I *knew* Nikon UK had none so I knew it was BS.
In the end I got one from what is probably the top Nikon dealer in the country, they seem to get priority over everywhere else...

Gator

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I had that problem with a lens for my camera, no-one had one. And I do mean no-one. They were on back order everywhere, Jessops had 1,000 on back order 800 of which were already sold. They said if I ordered that day I'd get it in 6-8 months.
I found a place online that I'd never heard of that claimed to have it which seemed odd and when I rang them and eventually got through they admitted that they didn't actually stock anything and simply had stuff direct shipped from the distributor and they said that was the stock level their website was on about. Thing is, I *knew* Nikon UK had none so I knew it was BS.
In the end I got one from what is probably the top Nikon dealer in the country, they seem to get priority over everywhere else...

what the hell kind of lens was that then ? photostuff seems to be like that when something good comes out you have to fight to get one

used pixmania once

Incursus

Yeah, but I don't actually have enough "other" region DVD's to justify buying a new machine.

Yet.

I thought we found a hack but never tried it

Fieldy

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: Gator
what the hell kind of lens was that then ?

Nikon 18-200mm VR.

It took 2 years for Nikon to bring online enough manufacturing capacity to cope with the demand (even at £600).
Replaces about 3 normal lenses for most people and gives great results.

Gator

have heard about the VRs everyone raves about them i have a 18-200 they are spot on

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
I thought we found a hack but never tried it

Toshiba's can't be hacked - or mine at least.

Rob

Input your model number here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Roadkill

Incursus

Swear we found something we had to burn on to a disk....