Its that time again...

Started by Big Mouse, December 05, 2008, 11:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mouse

The Scirocco is out of the equation. Great car to drive, responsive, feisty even but I think it would be a PITA after a while driving it all day for work. The other downside is that its like driving aroud in a coffin while wearing blinkers The vis out of the back window is atrocious; the rear pillars are the size of Wales which would make some of the roundabouts in MK a real chore to pull out onto.

I hadn't considered an Audi due to a poor experience with one a few years ago but I'm getting to like the new Audi A5 even though it's right on the upper end of my budget; even a second hand 2.7 TDI coupe with 13600 miles on the clock, first reg in Oct 2007 is on sale for just £2400 less than a new one with the same spec so they must be selling quite well to hold a price like that. EDITED: a slight misprint by Audi as it turns out - its specced upto the gills, if Audi make it they've found somewhere to fit it on this car and very nice it is too. Orig price? £42k

Top Gear magazine shows sat nav, leather, auto etc all as standard fitting though, I could probably live without memory seats and blue tooth this time around.

Its also lighter on emissions, 175g/co2 so cheaper tax.

Totally divided on the Alfas, some parts I like, others I hate so probably a no on them.

I like the Chevy Volt, just arrives a little too late.

Probably will lease on the basis of the residuals but also thought about contract hire again; no worries then about what its worth in the future, just go and get another one.