Anyone fancy a trip to Ace Cafe Sunday ?

Started by F Body, December 20, 2008, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Sunday's weather forecast is warm ( for December ) dry and partly sunny
Ain't gonna be many days like this for the next few months

Anyone fancy a lunchtime trip to the Ace Cafe

Umm Bacon Sandwich & a Hot Chocolate

philoldsmobile

what sort of time did you have in mind? could be a goer

Flip Martian

Family stuff here - and I'm still stuffed full of this bloody cold too....

philoldsmobile

will depend how i feel as i've been a bit ill recently..

F Body

Quoting: Flip Martian
I'm still stuffed full of this bloody cold too.

Quoting: philoldsmobile
will depend how i feel as i've been a bit ill recently..

Jeeze we couldn't get a good one out of all three of us, I've spent most of the day in bed

what sort of time did you have in mind?

I was thinking about departing around 11:00am

philoldsmobile

uhh, will see how it goes.. might, might not..

Fieldy

In Gravesend tomorrow, shame, is going to be a nice day for a ride for you guys

F Body

Well got up early this morning and valeted Managements Panda

Then went back to bed for two hours because I was knackered  

Just got up again and I'm goodish to go, will be leaving around 11:00am and will be at the Ace from 12:00pm until at least 13:00pm

F Body

Oh and the 50mph limit on the M1 was finally removed last night after four years

philoldsmobile

back from the ace, felt a little colder than the forecast suggested, but was still a really good ride.

its sooooooo nice to go down the M1 at 70 all the way!

nice to catch up Martyn, we must do an ace brekkie run between crimbo and new year, weather permitting.

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Oh and the 50mph limit on the M1 was finally removed last night after four years

back from the ace

You didn't hang about !

I've only just got outta bed (again) and am already regreting it - but I need to go out and get some throat sweets before die in a uncontrolled coughing fit !

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
but I need to go out and get some throat sweets before die in a uncontrolled coughing fit !

I've had the sore throat since Tuesday, it's like barbwire, but luckily very little coughing
I just feel like sleeping all the time, may be I've.........................

turned into Fubar

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Roadkill
You didn't hang about !

i went to the gym and sat in the steam room for about 35 mins too... v.good for the throat BTW

starting to feel a lot better now.. fortunately this seems to be as short lived as it was quick to come on..

F Body

Twas a good likkle ride out

Stewart & Paul also turned up for the full english

I made do with double bacon sandwich

This is how I looked :

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Ace%20cafe/CIMG6420.jpg?t=1229871584\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Ace%20cafe/CIMG6432.jpg?t=1229871744\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Ace%20cafe/CIMG6432.jpg?t=1229871744\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

philoldsmobile

come summer we'll have the kettle, minty, the ol'duchess, the GPX, art B on his bandit, and possibly (with permission from the met office) by brothers fabled but never seen VFR flame thrower / earthquake machine!

you never know, we may even be able to talk my old man down on his bandit, too

philoldsmobile

apologies are made for the chicken strips on the back tyre of minty, but its less than 100 miles old, and we haven't really had the weather for much peg grinding yet...

art b

roll on the spring/summer......i need to get out for a spin b4 that though.......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Ponti

Need to get mine first. All the hard work done, just need my ride now.

philoldsmobile

any idea what you want? the CBR is a great first big bike if you dont have a restricted license. You wont need to go any faster than a 600f will take you, and on good tyres and in good condition, they are a very confident stable and agile bike

Ponti

Have been looking at GSXF600's and the 750's not much difference in price and from what I've read the 750 is a better handling bike.
Also ZZR600, the chap that does the maintaince where I trained has had a couple and he say's they are ok.

Not sure what else. see what catches my eye.