Roadkill's 1992 Cadillac Eldorado

Started by Roadkill, December 24, 2008, 12:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Thought I'd start a new thread for this.

Still no decent pictures as she still needs a clean . . . however she's now got a fresh MoT as from yesterday and . . although very petty . . I replaced the tax-disc holder with one of my preferred magnetic types (I have these on all my cars) . . . .

I told you it was petty !

It does provide greater visability in that part of the screen so is a definate improvement.

Got a price for re-clear coating the roof and sorting some scratches / chips to the front valance, rear bumper and N/S/F wing (fender).

Will start saving, now.

Once that's done, and with a good clean, she'll be perfect.

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
however she's now got a fresh MoT as from yesterday

It's not what you know, but who you know

Roadkill

I don't think there was anything wrong, to be honest . . . got an advisor on brake pads - which I've never got before !

v8mad0

Well done with the MOT Dean.

Told ya it would sail through

v8mad0

ianjpage

Motorama

Come on RK, i'd like to see some pics!

Roadkill

O.K, I'll give her a clean tomorrow . . . I'm having a "lazy day" today.

FUBAR

I'm having a "lazy day" today

Completed San Andreas yet then?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Completed San Andreas yet then?

Was at it most of yesterday !

The P.C even over-heated . . . . . Mind you I had the fans down low so put them on high, then opened up the front - Job done.

ianjpage

The P.C even over-heated . . .

Dont kill that PC as well

FUBAR

The P.C even over-heated . . .

what! with that bloody heatsink on it! no thats not actually possible...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

O.K, I'll give her a clean tomorrow . .

v8mad0

Roadkill

She got a quick, but quite thorough, clean today as it never, once, went above freezing !

So - Here she is . . . a little cleaner but still needing a polish.

Incursus

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

ianjpage

v8mad0

She looks lovely, I did polish her aug bank hol

philoldsmobile

Gator

Roadkill

I've started mentally making a list of all the little issues that need sorting on the Eldo . . . .

The job this weekend was to try to get rid of an irritating (but quite loud) creaking noise from the from D/S suspension area.

Yesterday I jacked the front of the car up, took the wheels off, greased all four nipples (both lower B/J and T/R ends) then lubed up any bushings I could see.

I then inspected both the front struts (suspecting this to be the issue) but they appear, visually, O.K.

However.

The sway bar drop links are proper FOOKED.  As in dead.  I'll be looking for a new pair but, judging by the decay, it looks to me like they've been like that for a few years at least.

It's a fairly cheap and easy repair, though I don't think that's the source of the noise.

The creaking noise hadn't gone away this morning but I feel better knowing she's all greased up, now.