Beetle for sale

Started by jifop, January 07, 2009, 07:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jifop

Anyone here interested in a VW?

For sale, 1972 beetle, 1641cc, 1600 gearbox, discs, lowered.

Hey guys, the time has come to sell my beetle, its a 1972 1200 model beetle with early wings, deck lid and lights.

I have had the car for a few years now and had always been garaged also the previous owner kept it garaged.

Its got front discs and dropped spindles with smart car tyres fitted on the front to give a little more clearance.

Obviously its not perfect there are some small bubbles around the front but they are very minor, its a very good solid car with very little nastiness, its flown through its MOT every year!

i believe its a Porsche colour

The engine was rebuilt last year and its hardly done any miles since then. the gearbox is from a 1975 fleetline so has the same ratio as a 1500/1600 gearbox which gives a lovely cruise on the motorway!

this used to be my daily driver but i have since gone self employed and have a modern hack and the bug has hardly been used and its time for someone else to love it!

the interior is basic, original seats, grey trimmed door cards and black carpet but the heat exchangers are not present.

i'm looking for £1500 for it which i think is a very good price.

any questions ask

F Body

Quoting: jifop
any questions ask

Tax, MOT ?

jifop

good point!

its tax exempt but the MOT/tax run out in april, i will be putting it through for a years ticket though probably at the end of the week

F Body

Nice looking Bug

Can't argue with that, I haven't see any Bugs that good for £1.5k

jifop

Quoting: F Body
Nice looking Bug

Can't argue with that, I haven't see any Bugs that good for £1.5k

i know! thats all it owes me really, i was a bargain when i bought it and with an early 50's ford project on the horizon i need the space! i love the car but its time or a new toy

a91_formula

I have forwarded your link to my brother - he is big into Beetles, and has one himself.

I've asked him to ask around for you
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Cunning Plan

Great price, awesome bug..

Have you tried putting it on the usual sites, Volkszone, bunk-bunker etc?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Flip Martian

Lovely - I do prefer the older ones with running boards. Can't even afford a 1/32 scale model though at the mo, never mind the real thing. Its deffo a steal for someone though.

jifop

haha, yeah its on VZi, actually just received a deposit for it! so that was good going!

actually it's going to be quite sad to see it go, think I'll have to drive it for the next few days!

Fieldy

awesome, great price -

good luck

Roadkill

and with an early 50's ford project on the horizon

Ooooooo, Do tell.

jifop

Quoting: Roadkill

Ooooooo, Do tell.

hmm i'm not sure i know you well enough to impart that kind of information! although i do need some advice ref donor engine and trans.....

Fieldy

hmm i'm not sure i know you well enough to impart that kind of information!

Let us help you and getting to know each other will fall into place, naturally

jifop

lol you know i'm only kidding! although this should probably become a new topic

Getting a 53 ford Anglia/Pop, fitting viva front and jag rear but I'm gonna need an engine and gearbox!

looking for something simple and preferably not too heavy or expensive! i'll need engine and gearbox mounts it's not an urgent tho I need to collect the thing and get the running gear onto the chassis first!

Roadkill

I'm gonna need an engine and gearbox!

looking for something simple and preferably not too heavy or expensive!

First thing that spring to mind is a Rover V8 - they're everywhere, cheap and come with a range of 'boxes.

And, if the motor fits, chances are it's been done before so there's people to ask.

Anglia/Pop

My brother had an Anglia estate - very rare and very cool.

jifop

yeah lots of people do the rover v8 swap, was thinking a small yank maybe?

Roadkill

was thinking a small yank maybe?

Techincally a Rover V8 is a Buick motor.

In that case I'd suggest a Chevy 305ci . . again - common and fairly cheap . . . downside is most will come with an auto box.

philoldsmobile

In that case I'd suggest a Chevy 305ci . . again - common and fairly cheap . . . downside is most will come with an auto box.

its also a LOt heavier and no more powerful..

our office  manager at work is doing a pop / rover V8 hotrod right now..

jifop

yeah its looking like rover v8 is the way!

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
its also a LOt heavier and no more powerful..

I was gonna say that . . . the 305's are typically all iron and probably see around 180Bhp from an old block, with some care.

The RV8, which is smaller in size and capacity can be found with ally heads, I believe, and can see about the same output and parts are even more available on, for example, eBay as they're the typical motor used by British Hot-rodders for years.

The best choices are those that've come from the (good ole) Rover SDi.

My Dad have one of those (3.5L V8) and it was like a missle !

EDIT - some RV8's came from earlier Rovers like the P4 - my limited dealings with these weren't good.

Many available now come from Range Rovers . . . I'm not sure whether these will have different (towing) cam specs - so maybe undesireable for what you want it for . . . .

Motorama

EDIT - some RV8's came from earlier Rovers like the P4 - my limited dealings with these weren't good.

First Rover to have the V8 was the P5B, which was a facelifted P5

P4's and P5's had the straight six.

philoldsmobile

The RV8, which is smaller in size and capacity can be found with ally heads, I believe,

the rover engine is all ally, block and heads, so its actually slightly larger in dimensions than the small block.

can be hogged out to over 5 liters comparatively easily.  range rover blocks are best, as they have extra bracing apparently, also its possible to use a lot of TVR parts.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Motorama
First Rover to have the V8 was the P5B

correct, the B designating Buick. nice cars the P5B, especially in coupe form.

EDGE

ive got a ford 302 v8 (fuel injected) and an auto box up for sale soon.. Its currently in my 88 mustang gt.  you could always pull the injected parts off and stick a carb on it if you want

Motorama

Quoting: philoldsmobile
nice cars the P5B, especially in coupe form

I bought one when i was 18 and hooned around in it for a few years. Noisy exhaust and nerf bars instead of bumpers

It was my first V8 engined car and in the 25 years since i've always had a V8 engined car in my possesion.