Main Menu

Snow MONTH !!

Started by FUBAR, February 02, 2009, 07:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
we rely on you old folks to keep history in memory for longer than 15 years

Well Senior F Body kid is 15 and she was born on Dec 15th, it was three and a half weeks of snow and freeze

Getting well sick of clearing snow, this was the patio area this morning

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/snow1.jpg?t=1234092245\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
this was the patio area this morning

Cool old-school sledge...

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
Cool old-school sledge..

That's a Toboggan, made before they invented plastic

Nothings faster on hard compressed snow, but plastic is better on fresh or melting snow

F Body

Found it in a skip ( Summer Time ) about 25 years ago. It was absolutely wrapped in cobwebs where it had sat probably in their garage for god knows how many years. Sanded it down, gave it a couple of coats of varnish a new rope and we have used it every winter since

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/CIMG6656.jpg?t=1234095725\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/CIMG6656.jpg?t=1234095725\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/CIMG6657.jpg?t=1234096007\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/CIMG6657.jpg?t=1234096007\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

FUBAR

I was in town last night, happily wondering why there was a load of Police tape cordoning off the road next to the Xscape building, assuming it was just really Icy & that they didn't want the cars sliding around next to the drunken rabble...

At which point something starts making a LOT of noise, so I look up to see a sheet of snow the size of a car rapidly making its way off the roof of Xscape... of course when this sheet reaches the lip at the bottom of the roof it then fragments and launches itself into the carpark

we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to walk there & went back under the tape.  was cool as hell tho
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: Fieldy
we rely on you old folks to keep history in memory for longer than 15 years

LMFAO....

HardRockCamaro

Makes you wonder how Nick's doing in Canada, I couldn't live like this

I was wondering too, but to be honest this weather has made me fear moving to Canada less...

I rather like it...

HardRockCamaro

Now that is WAY cooler than those nasty plastic things...

art b

the plastic ones have a lower centre of gravity and they dont tip over at the slightest bump
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

ianjpage

Quoting: FUBAR
I was in town last night, happily wondering why there was a load of Police tape cordoning off the road next to the Xscape building, assuming it was just really Icy & that they didn't want the cars sliding around next to the drunken rabble...

At which point something starts making a LOT of noise, so I look up to see a sheet of snow the size of a car rapidly making its way off the roof of Xscape... of course when this sheet reaches the lip at the bottom of the roof it then fragments and launches itself into the carpark  

we decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to walk there & went back under the tape. was cool as hell tho

wow i would imagine that be quite dangerours then!!!

Senior F Body Kid

Quoting: art b
the plastic ones have a lower centre of gravity and they dont tip over at the slightest bump

true, i went down the hill on that sledge yesterday and went head over heels, its a death trap! plastic sledges ftw.

art b

Quoting: Senior F Body Kid
true, i went down the hill on that sledge yesterday and went head over heels, its a death trap!

you need to have a word, with the health and safety officer....

obviously no risk assesment was carried out
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: Senior F Body Kid
true, i went down the hill on that sledge yesterday and went head over heels, its a death trap! plastic sledges ftw.

Just because I've gone to work doesn't mean I'm not watching you

and it tipped over because the snow was melting

but plastic is better on fresh or melting snow

Now Bugger off and finish tidying your room

F Body

It's really starting to snow here again

Looks like it will be gridlock again in the morning

F Body

Looks like it will be gridlock again in the morning

Sure was even though the main roads were fine

If the bin men don't make it up the hill tomorrow, that will be 3 weeks now

Looks like another trip to the tidy tip, before the council shut it for good because it's used too much
They plan to close it to promote re-cycling, all it will promote is Fly tipping which will cost twice as much to clear up

FUBAR

before the council shut it for good because it's used too much

what!? thats ridiculous

all it will promote is Fly tipping

Why do they not see that this will happen
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

Quoting: FUBAR
Why do they not see that this will happen

it seems that the authorities live in backwards world, where what is plainly obvious to us seems completely impossible to them.

F Body

More snow today

The main roads were fine at 05:30am but by 07:00am Luton wasn't gridlocked but everywhere is very slow moving/queuing

I'm bored with this weather now

Roadkill

I don't mind the weather - I just hate most peoples "take" on it . . .  ie. the Terrible driving, the constant complaining that they can't do anything / go anywhere.

FFS !  

I walked to the local shop a couple of nights back and people (who drove there from their houses just hundreds of yards away) were stocking up like it was the apocalypse coming - not just a bit of frozen water !

That's what I hate about all this weather - not the weather itself, just the behaviour it brings out in most others.

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
That's what I hate about all this weather - not the weather itself, just the behaviour it brings out in most others.

That doesn't help but I dislike the most :

1 / The Cold ( my body doesn't function well in the cold ).

2 / The darkness ( dark when you leave for work & dark when you come home ).

3 / As you said people's behaviour.

Now about my move to Florida

Roadkill

Now about my move to Florida

Yep, you're fast approaching "that" age . . . .

F Body

Most of the snow has gone today

F Body

Rollocks

It's ruddy snowing in Luton again

Amey

It's ruddy snowing in Luton again

It's now snowing in MK as well.
Started about 20-30 mins ago and already the road outside is white again.
Kinda glad I'm off tomorrow

Roadkill

Meh.

I'm used to the over-inflated paranoia attached to the white stuff now.