Main Menu

CEL Tattoo.

Started by F Body, February 10, 2009, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I'm not into tattoo's but I know a few of you are
So let's get a Tattoo :

Are you sitting comfortably ?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/02/2515518414_d76aef5812_o.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">
No more pointless than most Tattoo's

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/10/cel-tattoo-we-dont-wanna-know-where-to-plug-the-code-reader/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/10/cel-tattoo-we-dont-wanna-know-where-to-plug-the-code-reader/

Roadkill

Meh.

Each to their own.

Every tattoo'ed person needs a silly Tattoo at some point in their lives.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Roadkill
Meh.

Each to their own.

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

Quoting: Cunning Plan

and yours are

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

As long as they're not on women.

Tramp stamp.

Gator

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

Tramp stamp.

and advertising the fact they are tramps is bad because ?

Fieldy

Quoting: Gator
and advertising the fact they are tramps is bad because ?

easy prey....

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
and yours are

My "Smiley Bones" above my left elbow . . . . that said that isn't entirely "silly" - It still has meaning.

I'll be waiting a few more tattoos before getting a truly silly one.

Tramp stamp.

I love tattoos on women . . . . I agree that tattoos can look tacky on girls, though.  

I think that women must be ALOT more careful with their decisions - and many are not.

Often they opt for the obvious "lower back" piece, which is rarely original and even rarer does it look good.

However - if done right - tattoos, IMHO, can look fantastic on women.

As a rule if find colour tattoos look best on girls whereas straight black look better on men.

I aim to get another 4 done this year . . taking my total to 13.

Flip Martian

I love tattoos on women

Likewise. The odd tat in the right place (in colour) looks really cool.

FUBAR

Often they opt for the obvious "lower back" piece, which is rarely original and even rarer does it look good.

Whilst I agree they're rarely original & mostly tribal jobbies I think they can look good, quite like em most of the time TBH.

As a rule if find colour tattoos look best on girls whereas straight black look better on men.

or as a bare minimum they must pass the 3 colour rule
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Amey

Quoting: FUBAR
or as a bare minimum they must pass the 3 colour rule

2 of mine pass that rule
The other one is techincally only Black and Purple, but it does have 2 tones of purple

It is getting more and more comman for women to get tattoo's.
The old thing of it being a stereo-type for certain men and woman is long gone. Now it is another way of making yourself different

Roadkill

I like to think of it as a custom paint job for the skin.

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Whilst I agree they're rarely original & mostly tribal jobbies I think they can look good, quite like em most of the time TBH.

I've seen some damn good lower back pieces on girls . . . and I've seen some "ooh, that looks pretty - I think I'll have that one" jobbies too.

As I say, girlies have really got to be careful . . . unfortunately many aren't.

HardRockCamaro

Each to their own.  I'm simply stating my preference.

First off, the *only* place I think they can look ok on a girl is the lower back.

Arms, ankles, breasts, feet, legs, shoulders etc are (for me) a no-no.
I'd go as far as to say it's a complete turn off...

What I don't like though, especially regarding the lower back ones, is the fact that so many girls all of a sudden have decided to get one and they're almost all the same or near enough which makes it a fashion accessory not something personal.  Anyone who scars their body for life just because they're copying a celebrity is a couple of spanners short of a toolbox.

And even though the lower back ones can look ok on young slim girls, it won't as they get older...

Yet I have no problem with men having them...  

Now it is another way of making yourself different

That's one of my major issues with them, they don't seem to be about making yourself different any more, they seem to get them to fit in.  Witness the lower back tribal ones or the barb wire around the arm.  If most of your friends have one, how are you being different?  These days it would be different not to have one...

Gator

That's one of my major issues with them, they don't seem to be about making yourself different any more, they seem to get them to fit in. Witness the lower back tribal ones or the barb wire around the arm. If most of your friends have one, how are you being different? These days it would be different not to have one...

totally agree with that

i had the notion to get one done a few years ago then Beckham had one done and tats became naff imo

id rather stay unique

Incursus

Depends on the girl and depends on the tattoo.

My friend has a really nice tattoo on her lower back and one on her shoulder in B/W and they look great.  But then again she is major

Roadkill

If most of your friends have one, how are you being different?

Only two people I "know" have them.

I feel so left out.

Again, just personal taste, but I'd NEVER get a tattoo "out of a book".

Thankfully I'm blessed with an artistic "eye" of sorts so have designed ALL of mine myself (a few are based on classic designs but all have been re-worked).

Part of the enjoyment for me is knowing that it is, and always will be, truly original.

I even collect my spare artwork from the tattooist and have refused to allow a photo of one of mine to go into an artists folder.

One of my tattoo's I've even purposefully avoided showing in photos when posting pictures of others simply because, although in a bold position, is very private to me.

Again, it depends massively on your "take" on tattoos.

Getting one doesn't make you an enthusiast . . . Once you are an enthusiast then the limits truly are only bound by the area of your skin and your imagination !

On a side note I want to breifly pull out my soapbox and slate all the people I see on "Miami Ink" stating the reason for their tattoo is for "Closure".

F*ck you !

And to all the people who are weak minded enough to allow the artist to totally pull apart your "pride and joy" and then do something different only for you to say "Oh, right - yeah, that's cool"

F*ck you, too - you pu$$ies !

F Body

Quoting: Incursus
and they look great. But then again she is major

Does that make her more attractive or less attractive and if so why  

Incursus

Quoting: F Body
Does that make her more attractive or less attractive and if so why

Make no odds tbh she's a beautiful either way.  
Makes her more....interesting?....I dunno difficult to describe.

HardRockCamaro

designed ALL of mine myself (a few are based on classic designs but all have been re-worked).

Good on you.

If I was having a tattoo I'd want a one off.

Big Mouse

I had mine done about 30 years ago now (while most of you were still a glint in your mothers eye), the colours have faded; you can't read the names anymore  which is just as well now that I'm married to someone else

Trust me, once they start to fade they look shite; to get them covered with a new tat is expensive and rarely works unless you go to a genius (even more expensive)

Fieldy

Quoting: Incursus
But then again she is major

You know, this is the only forum i know where no-one asks for pics.... why not?!

Pics?

Incursus

Quoting: Fieldy
Pics?

lol see the Iceland pics.  Thats the best your getting from me you little pervert

Cunning Plan

@ FB - (cant quote from phone) i havent got any stupid ones yet, but would like some on my calf or something.. I have 2 proper ones on my back, 1 of which i want covered with something bigger..

I agree with most people's comments about tattoos on girls, in the right place, the right colour, they can look hot, even full on sleeves look good. But i am talking 'alternative' girls, like suicide girls, not chavvy skum with their 3rd husband's name on their knuckles..

I think it also depends on the girl, sometimes it can ruin their look and cute and pure which makes you want to wreck them in the first place haha!
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)