How NOT to sell a Mercedes Maybach ?

Started by F Body, February 11, 2009, 01:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Mercedes have been having a tough time trying to sell Maybach's ,
so they have created a new special edition

It's a new Maybach's top-spec model that costs €406,000 (about $525k USD by today's rates) for the 57 version ( 5.7 metres long ) , while the larger 62 model commands a €473,200 ($612k) sum.
For that you get some unique 20" dark chrome rims, the requisite special badges, dark red tail lights, vertical exhaust outlets, special leather upholstery ("California beige" with "Stromboli black" stitching), piano lacquer trim, a set of silver champagne flutes and a plastic fragrance dispenser.

But I've saved the best bit till last, it's called the ???????????????????

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/02/maybach_zeppelin_10.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

The last major Zeppelin flight was the Hindenburg on 6 May 1937, while landing in Lakehurst USA after a transatlantic flight, in front of thousands of spectators, the tail of the ship caught fire, and within seconds, the Hindenburg burst into flames, killing 35 of the 97 people on board and one member of the ground crew. The actual cause of the fire has not been definitively determined; it is likely that a combination of leaking hydrogen from a torn gas bag, the vibrations caused by a swift rotation for a quicker landing to have started static electricity in the duralumin alloy skeleton and a flammable outer coating similar to rocket fuel accounted for the fact that the fire spread from its starting point in the tail to engulf the entire airship so rapidly ( in only 34 seconds).

Incursus

PMSL

so when are Rolls Royce releasing the Titanic ?

Flip Martian

Have they got ANY idea what the word Zeppelin brings up over here?! War...air raids... What a bunch of twonks.

HardRockCamaro

I find it hard to believe they'll sell even one of those over here...

The Zeppelin?

FFS !!!

The only bigger disaster than asking greater than Rolls Royce wedge for a stretched S-Class...

ianjpage

lol the zeppelin wot a name.....

not keen on the car tbh...

FUBAR

Oh Dear, thats going to go down like a Led Zeppelin
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
the 57 version

It looks like a Rover 75.

Fieldy

Saw an original outside Heathrow T5 the other day, they are something else....

I like 'em for what they are, but i'd rather have a roller....