No Right Hand Drive new Camaro.

Started by F Body, February 16, 2009, 02:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

GM has canceled plans to produce a right-hand-drive Camaro due to the company's well-documented cash crunch.
The General will ship 100 LHD Camaros to the U.K., just enough to keep the muscle car from having to qualify for type-approval regulations. GM will also limit sales to the 422 hp V8 model only

HardRockCamaro

Good thinking imho.

I just don't see it selling enough over here to justify it.

Roadkill

Importing one individually from the states will probably work out cheaper anyway !

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I just don't see it selling enough over here to justify it.

Yeah but RHD was also for Japan, New Zealand , Austrailia and South Africa etc  

NB : Did you know that you can't register a LHD vehicle in Austrailia

Flip Martian

Its a shame but understandable really.

FUBAR

Quoting: F Body
Did you know that you can't register a LHD vehicle in Austrailia

I did, strange isn't it.  Its a shame too because its 1 place thats nicely on my "If I were ever to emigrate i'd like to live in..." list.

I'd just buy a Falcon XBGT instead
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Did you know that you can't register a LHD vehicle in Austrailia

Odd.  I know a guy in Oz who's just shipped 3 Caddies from the states out there.

HardRockCamaro

They convert them to RHD.

I've seen some A1 looking RHD converted 3rd gen maros.

Roadkill

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
They convert them to RHD.

Hardcore.

philoldsmobile

depends on the age of the vehicle.. if its before a certain date (1974 seems to ring a bell) it can be LHD

Fieldy

VIPER

If you can prove you have owned the car for i think three yrs and are emergrating there you can take a LHD over... There is two Vipers ther one was a UK member but has since come back...

Jamieg285

Quoting: philoldsmobile
depends on the age of the vehicle.. if its before a certain date (1974 seems to ring a bell) it can be LHD

They also have to be absolutely bone stock - no modifications allowed.