Main Menu

got the horn

Started by Gator, March 01, 2009, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

well two of em and they are massive i wanna mount em above the garage door and was trying to think of something automotive in the center like an old air filter box and lid  

i could make a car bull out of an old bulnose front with horns on the top

ideas ?  

Fieldy

Roadkill

Quoting: Gator
like an old air filter box and lid

Maybe lay your hands on an old 4 BBL carb as well ?

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Maybe lay your hands on an old 4 BBL carb as well ?

I have the old (dead) Computer Carb from my old car still in the garage...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Gator

a carb would look tiny next to these triceratops horns but its along the right lines

hmmmm a wheel might be cool

art b

you lot need to get out more......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

a carb would look tiny next to these triceratops horns but its along the right lines

Maybe throw in a manifold too ? - Or an entire block ?

Gator

had thought of that too a very roadkill solution

FUBAR

hmmmm a wheel might be cool

You could stick an old tyre on it, cut some circles out of the tread & have the horns coming out
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

a very roadkill solution

I do my best.

Andy

Hey, I've got an old 2nd Gen wheel in the container here at work going. If you can pick it up, its yours! Needs a centre cap and a bit of rubbing down.

Gator

Quoting: Andy
Hey, I've got an old 2nd Gen wheel in the container here at work going. If you can pick it up, its yours! Needs a centre cap and a bit of rubbing down.

dude thats very generous where abouts are ya ?

Andy

High Wycombe, Bucks.

Really, its been sat in my container for years. Was gonna flog it but got no results. Seeing as it doesn't match the 'maro, and the tryes fecked might as well go for the greater good.

Edit: Photos from before it went into work. Reckon someone half hitched the cap...

Gator

hey thats a honeycombe i can use that its too good to scrap i have a set for the bullnose  but one is a bit buggered

ill definately have that puppy is it 14" or 15" it should have either 497154 or 483084 stamped on it

any chance of pulling the tyre off so its easier to sort out a parts relay?

EDGE

dude,

use interparcel's economy option, its actually next day ups, they'll collect same day and deliver to you the next, for less than a tenner!!

Gator

Quoting: EDGE

dude,

use interparcel's economy option, its actually next day ups, they'll collect same day and deliver to you the next, for less than a tenner!!

looking at "parcel to go" atm mate UPS is pain in the arse round here

EDGE

ah right

forgot you were in the land on the turnip...

interparcel do dhl, fed ex, shitty link, all the main ones....

Andy

Where is the turnip land you speak of? I can see if i could stick it on a wagon if we do a delivery that way.

Gator

turnipland gloucestershire

stick my name on it either way Andy, ill sort something, fieldy isnt that far away

Andy

Just looking at the Map you're only the other side of Oxford. Bung me a few drinks vouchers and i'll drive it over myself

Gator

dude i cant let you do that Oxford is a good 60 miles from here i am 2 mins from J13 M5 ill sort something

ill be bunging a drink your way anyway

Andy

Meh, I drove to Nottingham last Sunday for a new drivers seat in my mondeo. That was partially from bordom of a Sunday and because it was free.

I don't mind if you have a postcode.

Gator

GL10 3AY

but heres an idea why dont you have a weekend drinking and drag racing with us at yanks weekend and bring it then, you know it makes sense

Andy

Ah thats true. Me and my Dad plan on going to that and taking the Camaro

Gator

Quoting: Andy

Ah thats true. Me and my Dad plan on going to that and taking the Camaro

brilliant problem solved and you are invited to the JD festival afterwards

you putting the maro down the strip ? coz i will be on the startline all weekend taking photos of the action and could pay you back with some cool shots of your motor givin it the beans