London meet, 14th March...

Started by EDGE, March 05, 2009, 06:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

same time, same place, 12 noon at the harvester (navigation inn) in chingford..

Phil, as you are bringing the CDs from RKs place any chance you could bring those engine slings with you please, i'll be needing them shortly to pull the motor out of the breaker fox body :)

Roadkill

Away at Sammy-Lou's dad's in Suffolk that weekend . . . . I'll make sure PhilO get the C.D's when I see him this sunday, though.

Incursus

hmm for once it falls after pay day rather than just before and I do want to meet up with an old friend who lives in that neck of the woods

If she's available I might just show my face. Two birds one stone blah blah

EDGE

Dean, did phirrip leave the engine slings round at yours when you did the v6 swap????

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
did phirrip leave the engine slings round at yours when you did the v6 swap????

No.  

I've got a set, not sure which ones were used now, but - anyway - I've not got any that aren't mine.

EDGE

hmmm.... wonder where they went, maybe phill took them home???

either way, there up there somewhere so PHILLIP.. please bring them with you

F Body

Dam can't you hold it this weekend, the council are going to shut the road outside work tonight for resurfacing over the next 48 hours so I'll finally be able to grab a few hours off

Weather is looking good too

Fieldy

I'm on holiday so can't make it...

Jo

EDGE

philoldsmobile

if the weather holds i'll be down on minty!

EDGE

have you got the slings dude?

philoldsmobile

uhhh.... i'll check.. i think they were in the garage for a while, smelling of ATF.. i assume they are still there?!?

odd.. i thought we used RK's? i'll check.

EDGE

i dont know which ones you guys used, but i know you asked to borow mine that day we did I came up to get the lift out of Ian's van and bunged it in the chavscort.

They were quite dirty I remeber, and bundled in a carrier bag of some kind?

Have a peek in the garage dude, if they're soaked in AFT they'll stink so you better stick them in a few bin bags before putting them in the boot... dont want it dripping or marking anything

Badger

Providing me and Andy are not putting the chevelle engine (replacing head gaskets) back together, i will be there in the smurf...

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i thought we used RK's?

I think we used mine to physically install the motor as those other ones were silly-chunky and were awkward to use in confined spaces.

That said I'm sure you took them with you, PhilO.

ianjpage

i am pretty sure they are in the garage still

F Body

Roadkill

IAN / VICKY / PHILO - Is someone gonna be around at about 5.30pm TODAY so I can drop these C.D's off for Edge ?

Amey

Quoting: Roadkill
IAN / VICKY / PHILO - Is someone gonna be around at about 5.30pm TODAY so I can drop these C.D's off for Edge ?

I don't think so

I don't finish till 7

Ian is down in Surrey on a client site - not sure what time he will finish

Phil doesn't normally get home till 6:15 - but he is waiting for the Alpha to have the clutch replaced, so he might be finishing early.
Might be worth texting/ringing him

EDGE

Quoting: Roadkill

if you put a little tape on each one to hold the case shut could you poke them through the letter box ?

Roadkill

All sorted.  

PhilO is picking up his Alfa from the garage and is gonna pop by mine at 5.30pm.

EDGE

could you mention the engine slings to him please dude.... just to jog his memory... i hope he's found them

I'll give phirrrip the cash at the meet

Roadkill

could you mention the engine slings to him please dude....

Yup.

Assuming I remember.

Amey

i hope he's found them

Don't think he's looked yet

I will try to remind him as well when I get home