Mito GTA Video.

Started by F Body, March 13, 2009, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Just what PhilO needs on a Friday night

NB : Still looks crap in white

http://www.youtube.com/v/dWegxPJO7qE\">http://www.youtube.com/v/dWegxPJO7qE\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\">

FUBAR

Owww god my eyes!!

aww man, clicked on this by mistake

get out get out get out!!!!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

i almost plotz'd at the bertone GTV at one min!!

great design is always controversial at first - there is a black limited edition MiTo in auto italia this month, and with black light surrounds and black wheels it looks fantastic!

HardRockCamaro

Oh that is *not* nice.

In fact it looks worse than the pictures, I don't even like the back of it now..

Alfa used to design such nice looking cars, but they have seriously lost their way...

They used to be unreliable but achingly pretty.

Now they're unreliable and butt ugly.

philoldsmobile

not sure on the unreliable thing - the GT in particular (launched late 04) has an exemplary reliability record.  The 159 outgunnes the Vectra in both residual value and reliability, and even outguns the mondeo in residuals.

a lot has changed in the last few years, though to be honest, it needed to.

example - look on autotrader for average mondeo, 2006 vintage. with 50,000 miles on the clock a 2 liter will set you back around £3.5 - £4k

the same age and spec alfa 159 (costing about the same new) with near double the miles will set you back around £7000! with similar miles expect to pay £8k!

things are becoming...quite different.

art b

feck off back to ya alfa forum .....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

While I don't actually believe these surveys:

JD Power Survey 2007

Small cars
18th place (last)
Alfa Romeo 147

You might expect the car that finished bottom of its class to have uniformly bad scores, but that's not the case with the Alfa Romeo 147. In fact, owners liked its looks and rated the drive and styling of its interior as no worse than average.

However, they criticised Alfa Romeo dealers, and said that service and repair bills were too high and the quality and reliability of their cars were poor.

Owners reported that more than two-thirds of the cars had experienced a problem with their suspension or brakes, a third had interior faults and almost a quarter suffered problems with their transmissions.

That was the only Alfa I could find, I assume there weren't enough responses to get a suitable sample size due to low sales?

philoldsmobile

suspention is a known weak point on the 147 (and 166) interior faults.. hmm could be anything from broken trim to blown interior bulbs.

the transmission problems would ( i guess) refer mainly to the appalling slelspeed system, you dont touch one of those with a barge pole.

the dealers left a lot to be desired (worse than useless) but almost half had their franchises stripped in 2007, with many new dealers being appointed with tougher standards since.

service and repair bills high? yes. they are. deal with it. if you dont like it, go drive something humdrum like an astra.

Rob

Quoting: philoldsmobile
service and repair bills high? yes. they are. deal with it. if you dont like it, go drive something humdrum like an astra.

I'd get discount on the servicing if I had one.....FIAT is one of our parent companies.

Not that I'm even thinking about lowering myself that far....

Titsy

I still don't understand how they made a Corsa look even more ugly...

EDGE

regardless of sales, reliability, serviceing costs and all the other crap..

that thing is so ugly its mother had to feed it with a sling shot !!!!

HardRockCamaro

An eight year old boy is walking down the road one day when a car pulls over next to him.

"If you get in the car," the driver says, "I'll give you £10 and a sweetie."

The boy refuses and keeps on walking.

A few moments later, not to take no for an answer, the man driving the car pulls over again. "How about £20 and two sweeties?"

The boy tells the man to leave him alone and keeps on walking.

Still further down the road the man pulls over to the side road. "OK," he says, "this is my final offer. I'll give you £50 and all the sweeties you can eat."

The little boy stops, goes to the car and leans in. "Look," he says to the driver. "You bought the Mito, Dad. You'll have to live with it!"

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
"You bought the Mito, Dad. You'll have to live with it!"