Drive it day 2009 - Sun 26th April 09.

Started by F Body, March 28, 2009, 08:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Fans of classic and vintage vehicles are gearing up for 'Drive it Day' – the one day a year where owners of old cars, bikes and trucks are encouraged by the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs to take to the road and celebrate the freedom of motoring.

The Vauxhall Hertiage Centre will be open to any member of the public and is FREE to enter, with a special parking area right in front of the heritage centre for those arriving in old or interesting transport. Access to the classic car parking area will be open to any make or model

NB : I'm trying to ensure that the Transformer films Bumblebee 2nd Gen Camaro will be there

Also if you're the kind of enthusiast who has accumulated a pile of old spares over the years, there will also be the opportunity to have your own autojumble stand in a specially reserved area, while Vauxhall will also be selling some official merchandise on the day, both old and new.

For families, there will be a face painter, as well as a VXR racing simulator, allowing visitors to experience life behind the wheel of a British Touring Car first hand.

Opening times will be 10.00am to 4.30pm, on Sunday 26th of April and the entrance to the Heritage Centre can be found in Park Street, Luton, LU1 3ET, behind the main Griffin House headquarters in Osborne Road.

philoldsmobile

any idea on weather? might be a nice trip out for the ol duchess... (with met office permission of course!)

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
any idea on weather?

Umm four weeks from now

Nope ain't got a clue

philoldsmobile

oh yeah... was thinking it was tomorrow...

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile
oh yeah... was thinking it was tomorrow...

lol silly boy

F Body

For those who can't make it to the AAC UK Spring Nationals on Sunday

F Body

Quoting: F Body
NB : I'm trying to ensure that the Transformer films Bumblebee 2nd Gen Camaro will be there

The Bumblebee Camaro will be there, they are fitting the new steering column that I ordered from the states today

Andy

Theres a geeza on the AACI site called Lee who has a Third Gen done up as the Bumblebee car... I shall message him.

FUBAR

The 3rd gen is what they should have used for the old one instead of the 2nd gen IMO... Transformers was 80s tastic... as is the 3rd gen
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

F Body

Well it was packed out early this morning :

Andy

CHRIST! The parking on the 2nd Gens a bit close ain't it! I wouldn't be happy with that being that close! Might give it rust or something nasty..

Motorama

I should of come along to this.

I went to the meet at the London Motorcycle Musuem in Greenford and it was very dull, i only stayed 45 mins.

F Body

Quoting: Andy
CHRIST! The parking on the 2nd Gens a bit close ain't it!

It was parked like that on purpose because the Chevy Marketing Boys have lost the door keys

NB : It's the car used by Chevrolet to promote the Transformers movie

F Body

NB : After looking at the Willy's Jeep I looked on Flea Bay to see how much they go for

A tatty one is £10k

A good one £17k

Andy

Quoting: F Body
It was parked like that on purpose because the Chevy Marketing Boys have lost the door keys

Genius.

But they're popular for that one. Though you would've thought being part of chevy they could get a set of door locks.

Those Willy Jeeps are built like tanks though aren't they?

I've always fancied a Defender but they're pretty pricey, even for tatty ones.

F Body

Quoting: Andy
Though you would've thought being part of chevy they could get a set of door locks.

Remember we are talking Marketing Dept & again !

Guess who had to order the new steering column for that Camaro from classic Industries in the states