FUBAR'ed my Thumb...

Started by Titsy, April 06, 2009, 07:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

I did a FUBAR this morning and managed to shut my thumb in the door of the 'maro...

My god it hurts... I'm definatly going to loose the nail at some point, and can currently use it as a spirit lavel as there is a tiny bubble of air moving about under the nail in all the blood...

F Body

Ouch those long plastic Maro doors are dam heavy

On the plus side it would have done you more damaged if it was a European car

The shut lines are a lot tighter

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
On the plus side it would have done you more damaged if it was a European car  

The shut lines are a lot tighter

indeed, thank god for GM panel gaps, otherwise I may have lost the whole thumb...

Roadkill

Incursus

FUBAR

YEOUUUCH!!!

I know your pain

my nail is only just growing out the last of the bumpy messed up bit of new nail... about 6 months later

If its throbbing continuously like mine was you'll have to stick a needle through it to relieve the pressure.

DO NOT use a power drill like someone was talking about on saturday evening...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Quoting: FUBAR
If its throbbing continuously like mine was you'll have to stick a needle through it to relieve the pressure

already done...

Quoting: FUBAR
DO NOT use a power drill like someone was talking about on saturday evening

I used a 0.5mm PCB drill bit...

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
I used a 0.5mm PCB drill bit...

Hardcore

HardRockCamaro

I did that as a kid in the door of dads Sierra...

Feck me did that hurt...

philoldsmobile

indeed, thank god for GM panel gaps, otherwise I may have lost the whole thumb..

yah, Fubar managed to make quite a mess with a door half the size using eurogaps...

Andy

Think yerself lucky. In a&e at the moment with my work mate. Had a drill snatch at work and its ripped his entire thumb nail out.

So far... £1.50 in the car park.

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
Had a drill snatch at work and its ripped his entire thumb nail out.

Nasty.  Seen similar in my days in the machine shop, though.

Titsy

I thought the nail was growing out, but I managed to catch it earlier and all but ripped it off...

F Body

I thought the nail was growing out, but I managed to catch it earlier and all but ripped it off...

Stupid Boy

That's gotta hurt

Titsy

That's gotta hurt

Not at all... It just looks very disturbing...

F Body

It just looks very disturbing...

Andy

Wheres the blood?!

My work mates bled like a good'un!

F Body

Wheres the blood?!

I was expecting to see a bloody finger nail hanging off

Titsy

I'd be going to the docs if it was still bleeding 18 days after i'd smashed it up...

It bled like a good'em when I first did it, but it's all healed under the old nail...

It's almost all off now...

Titsy

Is this grim enough for you F Body?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/slice_of_toast/IMAG0035.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

F Body

Is this grim enough for you F Body?

8/10

What's actually holding it on

Titsy

What's actually holding it on

The Cuticle on one side...

FUBAR

See in a way you're lucky because yours has completely separated & will grow out & fall off fairly quickly, when I fk'd mine a corner at the front remained fully attached with no damage which meant that the nail did the exact opposite of yours & stayed attached at the front.  As you know I had that thing under plasters so i didn't catch it on stuff for about 10 weeks, & even then I had to dig under the nail with something blunt but thin to get the old nail off... that hurt, even through the alcohol barrier...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

Yikes! That is grim.

Suprised its not all mank underneath. The geeza at work who lost his is really pretty grim, though it is growing back.

Temptation would be to great for me to just pop that lil bugger off!