New Website - Sneak Preview

Started by Jamieg285, April 07, 2009, 10:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

Well sort of anyway.

I've just finished the first wave of development on my website, giving it a completely new look and feel.

At this stage everything is in place and filled with info ripped from the old site.  As and when I get time, I'm planning to spruce up each page, making it more informative and with more photos.

It's already 'live', but this is a pre-announcement before I start spreading it around the other forums I frequent.  Please take a look around, let me know what you think is good, bad or not working at all.

http://www.mfatw.com/WD\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mfatw.com/WD

Cheers,

Jamie

Roadkill

None of the "current specs" links work - but that could be work filters ?

Big Mouse

ditto but I have no work filters

Jamieg285

Damn.  It's an Internet Explorer/Firefox thing. (it works in Firefox)

I thought I'd fixed those ages ago, but must have undone the fix.  I'll let you know when they are working again.

Roadkill

Jamieg285

It would appear to be OK now?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Roadkill
Oh, it's a moment is it ?

No, I've been trying hard to get it looking and working the same in both. And it doesn't always work

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285

Correct. (IE)
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

The gallery picture links don't work for me with Firefox

Rob

Great site.....

In the links section are the links ment to be clickable URL's...?

Jamieg285

Quoting: F Body
The gallery picture links don't work for me with Firefox

Works OK for me in IE and Firefox

What happens when you click them? Anything? Javascript errors (in the Error console)

Jamieg285

Quoting: Rob
In the links section are the links ment to be clickable URL's...?

Er, yes, but I must have forgotten to do that bit.

Seems to be a bit of a problem in the link section in IE too. More debugging required.

Rob

Seems to be a bit of a problem in the link section in IE too. More debugging required.

Everything worked OK as far as I could see

Roadkill

I personally preferred the black background but being "white dream" I can understand why that was changed.

Jamieg285

Links now functional
Can't see the errors I was getting yesterday either

Still no idea what's wrong with the gallery. Works fine on 2 PCs with IE and firefox.

I sort of prefered the black too, but all my websites to date have been black and I wanted a change - and as you have noticed, it now fits the colour scheme of the car.