Here's £5k go & buy an electric car.

Started by F Body, April 16, 2009, 02:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Motorists will be offered subsidies of up to £5,000 to encourage them to buy electric or plug-in hybrid cars under plans announced today by the government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8001254.stm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8001254.stm

My God have they all been brain washed

Fieldy

Can i use it to hybrid my BMW 325i?

That would be cool

FUBAR

Quoting: Fieldy
Can i use it to hybrid my BMW 325i

The man has a point... why waste all that new metal & raw materials, surely you should be able to use the subsidy to "Recycle" and existing car... its much better for the environment
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Gator

they are also incredibly thick coz electric car manufacturers will just put their prices up 5k for some extra profit

more of my money being given away to people with more money than me

FUBAR

Quoting: Gator
they are also incredibly thick coz electric car manufacturers will just put their prices up 5k for some extra profit

That man also has a point

are the government silly???   oh wait, sorry I forgot who'se in charge

Titsy

I thought the UK was on the verge of an electricity shortage, and new the govenment wants people to start plugging their cars into the grid... WTF...

daveyboy

electric cars are not green anyhow.

i want a v8 hybrid, 4 cylinders on nitrous and the other 4 on methanol

FUBAR

Quoting: daveyboy
i want a v8 hybrid, 4 cylinders on nitrous and the other 4 on methanol

HardRockCamaro

The only normal family car type hybrid I'd consider is the Chevy Volt or the Ampera as it'll be called here.

Problem is the projected US price is $40,000 which means what, £30,000 here?    Take 5k off and you're still at £25,000

I'd rather a 15k used Jag and 10k towards the extra fuel ta...

philoldsmobile

this has nothing to do with cars, its all about winning votes by claiming to be leading the world in 'green' initiatives.

the only thing green are the idiots falling for it..

EDGE