Sureterm FTW...

Started by Flip Martian, July 17, 2009, 08:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flip Martian

Got my renewal notice through from Sureterm for the Camaro last week - £337, frozen from last year (and last year's had come down a bit from the previous year)/ Hadn't got round to ringing round yet but they called me tonight to "check it was all ok for you"...

I said I was going to do a ring round...hey presto, a minute later my renewal was 40 quid cheaper... Less than 300 squids.

F Body

Quoting: Flip Martian
Less than 300 squids.

That is cheap

Fully Comp with a mileage restriction

Incursus

Got my renewal notice through from Sureterm for the Camaro last week - £337, frozen from last year (and last year's had come down a bit from the previous year)/ Hadn't got round to ringing round yet but they called me tonight to "check it was all ok for you"...

I said I was going to do a ring round...hey presto, a minute later my renewal was 40 quid cheaper...  Less than 300 squids.

My renew just came through around the same.  Not rung round yet either

Flip Martian

Quoting: F Body
Fully Comp with a mileage restriction

Ja - FC, the restriction is 6000 miles. Plenty.

That included a discount for "being a member of a car club" - being a member on here counts!

Roadkill

I used to always go back to sureterm . . . then I tried Ardian Flux - same underwriter but £80 a year cheaper AND I get to drive other cars, too.

No contest.

Flip Martian

Just read that - very stupid thing to do...

"I'm hoping this is an April Fools thing as surely no-one can be that stupid..."

I tried them all when I first got the Camaro - Adrian Flux were about 2-300 quid more than Sureterm and wanted a larger excess... It was my first Yank - AF probably get cheaper the longer you've had big powerful Yanks maybe.

F Body

I was with Adrain Fux for years but got fed up with them bumping the premium up each year and then telling me they would beat any other quote by £10

Went straight to Sureterm last year saving £150, Fux seemed surprised that i didn't ask them to beat it

Roadkill

AF probably get cheaper the longer you've had big powerful Yanks maybe.

Nope.

When I was 20 and had just passed my test I had a 273ci V8 Dodge . . . they were by far the cheapest, then.

That said I left AF as I heard they were sh!t when it came to (possible) claiming . . . . . .

They've got a lot better reputation now, hence I went back to them.

As I said, same underwriters (equity red star) - they just put on more features AND less comission.

Winner.

Flip Martian

Weird, wonder what factors they use to decide the premium then?! They were deffo way more than Sureterm at the time. Not like I live in an inner city place out of The Wire...

Incursus

Just called Adrian Flux only £20 cheaper than Sureterm but I can now drive other vehicles, earn No claims bonus and have a more comprehensive recovery service

Flip Martian

Quoting: Incursus
and have a more comprehensive recovery service

Very important when you have a Mustang...

Titsy

Roadkill

Incursus

The Mustangs been the most reliable car I've ever owned

The Pontiac used to crap out on me on weekly basis.

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
The Ponti-shat used to crap out on me on weekly basis

GM were right to drop them.