business post (UK mail) morons... *mad*

Started by philoldsmobile, August 03, 2009, 05:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

Listed my top box and rack on ebay, and sold it for £64.99 inc postage.  the box was dispatched last monday via business post, and delivered the next day. Rather than put the heavy 5kg box back on his van and put a card through the door (as they are epxected to do) when the recipient was out, the muppet from business post simply left it by the front door, next to the bins. surprise surprise, it was stolen.

so what is the point in specifying a signature?

now i have to go through the hassle of claiming for the stolen parcel. this is gonna be fun.

ianjpage

oh ffs thats just stupidity on the delivery guys part!

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
the muppet from business post simply left it by the front door, next to the bins. surprise surprise, it was stolen.

Or the bin men thought it was rubbish

Fieldy

EDGE

dumbasses... still..... royal mail delivered ME a package that I sent once....

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE

awesome.....

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE

thats brilliant
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

it was special delivery too.... so I got it back the next morning !!!

Shifty

DESTROY THEM!!!!!!

If there's a company out there that is this incompetent they should be closed down.

DESTROY

DESTROY

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard for a while. Find the delivery driver and have him wacked. I have a good contact for this service, just call "1800 BIG TONY".

Titsy

Quoting: Shifty
This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard for a while. Find the delivery driver and have him wacked. I have a good contact for this service, just call "1800 BIG TONY".

I thought it was "1800 FAT TONY"...

Maybe he changed his number...

Fieldy

Quoting: Titsy
Maybe he changed his number...

Tax man reasons, But shhhh

Shifty

Quoting: Fieldy
Tax man reasons, But shhhh

Fat Tony had cholesterol problems and was told by his physician to change his diet, as a result of this he is no longer fat. He lost loads of weight, found himself a lady and got out of the business. Now I have to go through another agency which is where BIG Tony comes in. Now Big Tony is not fat he's just muscley, in fact he took part in this years Iron Man and raised just over £2000 for charity. He's a nice guy if you get to know him, and stay on the right side of him of course.

His rates are also better,

£2500 = A hit
£5000 = broken arms and legs
£250 = small beating
£500 = large beating (potential time in hospital)

He sometimes has specials on to.

ianjpage

Titsy

Fat Tony had cholesterol problems and was told by his physician to change his diet, as a result of this he is no longer fat. He lost loads of weight, found himself a lady and got out of the business. Now I have to go through another agency which is where BIG Tony comes in. Now Big Tony is not fat he's just muscley, in fact he took part in this years Iron Man and raised just over £2000 for charity. He's a nice guy if you get to know him, and stay on the right side of him of course.

£2500 = A hit
£250 = small beating

Dude, you have way to much time...

Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

philoldsmobile

it gets better..

apparently on delivery to domestic addresses, a signature is optional with UK mail, so their driver did nothing wrong by their rules, however, it would also had been within the rules to return it to the depot and put a card through, so there is a clear case that the driver was seriously negligent. (as well as incredibly lazy) in leaving the parcel in such a vulnerable place.

net result? UK mail refuse to pay for the stolen parcel, fortunately my employer (whome had no more involvement other than booking the courier) offered to pay the full value of the parcel from petty cash.

ok, so i'm not out of pocket, but its an utter disgrace that a courier should treat someone's parcel so negligently.

Titsy

net result? UK mail refuse to pay for the stolen parcel, fortunately my employer (whome had no more involvement other than booking the courier) offered to pay the full value of the parcel from petty cash.

I hope they are making a point of not using them in the future?

Fieldy

£2500 = A hit
£250 = small beating

wow.....

ianjpage

Thats very kind of them - lets hope they dont use the morons themselves again!