Weather warning :-)

Started by Amey, December 17, 2009, 04:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
All the schools have closed and most people can't get into work, FFS it's a bit of snow

Let's hope there's never another war or we'd all be F*cked . . .

ianjpage

Well good 1 - 2 " outside @ home today - no problems getting out and to work (unfortunatley lol) but there is bugger all snow in Oxford so far today ... infact south of the M40 along the A34 was fine - just a bit cold!!!

FUBAR

Quoting: ianjpage
Well good 1 - 2 " outside @ home today - no problems getting out and to work

Indeed, not a lot, the drive was thicker but Ian got up early & cleared it

Nice thing is we've got our Xmas lunch @ 3pm this afternoon @ Willen so I can walk home from there in the nice snow
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Amey

Few pics taken this morning

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Let's hope there's never another war or we'd all be F*cked . .

Not really Xbox generation and drones 4tehwin!!

Kenny

Well, my car decided to lock itself while I was scraping the snow off this morning - with the engine running!!!

Had to get the AA to come and break into my car to get the keys...

All credit to the AA, they came in under 30 mins and had me on the road in minutes!

Took a about 15 mins longer to get to work, most of that was slowing to laugh at the bmw's

Titsy

Quoting: Kenny

Well, my car decided to lock itself while I was scraping the snow off this morning - with the engine running!!!

All credit to the AA, they came in under 30 mins and had me on the road in minutes!

Done that before too...

It's easier to get in with the car running though as they just have to hit the 'lecy window switch rather than try and unlock it...

art b

Got up half an hour early, cleared the snow from my drive which had drifted to about a foot deep and then cycled to the gym.

All the schools have closed and most people can't get into work, FFS it's a bit of snow

yea...how daft of people to stay in...
instead of havin an accident takin the kids to skool when there gonna be doin nowt there anyway..

hey.....who in their right mind wouldnt cycle to the gym at daft oclock in the snow......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Spare keys

Quoting: art b
yea...how daft of people to stay in...

This once great country has now retired to a centrally heated home

When I were a lad we used to walk 13 miles to school, through 3ft of snow in short trousers

Kenny

Spare keys

didn't come with any

I think i'll ask hyundai if its possible to get spares on a 11yr old car... hope so.

Fieldy

Done that on the Oldsmobile, they took so long to come out (about 2 hours), the quarter of petrol ran out as I rolled into the petrol station just accross the road.

Amey

Met office have another weather warning for MK - showing as Be Prepared

This is valid from 3pm today until 6:00am tomorrow

Quoting: Met Office
Rain and sleet will turn increasingly to snow as it spreads northwards across many southern and eastern parts of England during Monday afternoon and Monday night. There will be accumulations of 2 to 5 cm of fresh snow in many areas, with up to 10 cm likely in places, especially on higher ground.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

It's then followed by one for Tomorrow morning

Quoting: Met Office
There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of eastern and southern England during Tuesday. A mixture of rain, sleet and snow will move away eastwards during the morning and is expected to give widespread ice on many untreated surfaces.

F Body

Quoting: Amey
The public are advised to take extra care because the 'Highways Agency' and local councils don't grit the roads anymore

Roadkill

I haven't seen ANY gritters since the initial frost about five days ago.

The roads in M.K this morning were terrible.  I saw two accidents on my short journey to work !

F Body

Snowing quite heavily now in Luton

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
I haven't seen ANY gritters since the initial frost about five days ago.

I seen a few gritters out, one came up our road on Saturday but..............

the amount of grit it was dispensing was a joke

It equated to about one piece of grit per square metre

End result nothing, zilch, zero, no difference what so ever

F Body

Snowing quite heavily now in Luton

Just cycled home ( skived off early because Christmas Holidays ) and it's about an inch deep already

Looks like it'll be another fun journey in the morning

NB : Senior F Body Kid is uploading a picture

F Body

NB : Senior F Body Kid is uploading a picture

Not much definition

Incursus

Found the main roads round MK/Buckinghamshire to be pretty good...

If I can make it in the Mustang not sure why all the FWD'ers have any problems.

Though Deans estate was a little hairy on Friday

Probably gonna spank it tomorrow after that comment

F Body

Quoting: Incursus
If I can make it in the Mustang not sure why all the FWD'ers have any problems.

Because the Numpty's just rev the nuts off the engine in 1st gear and can't understand why they can't get anywhere

We watched a bloke in an Astra trying to get into a town centre car park yesterday, all revs and wheel spin, once he had reversed out of the way, the Panda went up the slope on tick over in 2nd gear

F Body

We have had about another 2 or 3 inches of snow and it's still snowing

The F Body kids tell me that the main roads are gridlocked

Andy

Alright guys!

Currently writing this from the work pc... oh yes, i'm stuck at work with the boss!

Left here at 5pm, got about a mile out of Bourne End toward the A404 before it became total gridlock, the Marlow bypass, Marlow town, all the roads surrounding completely gridlocked. Did a 180 heading back to Bourne End, stuck in that direction. Finally came to the realisation that we are going to have to go back to the factory if we're to get out of a car tonight.

BTW so you know, its a family firm, my boss is my old man, and the company secretary is my old lady. She headed off at 4:20pm and has just got in but the car is stuck about 2 miles from home in a dip in the road where no ones cars can get out. One of the major reasons the roads are all blocked it would seem.

HardRockCamaro

Been snowing heavily since mid afternoon here in NE London.

Road outside was at a standstill around 5pm as cars couldn't make it up a short steepish hill less than a 1/.4 mile away.  A406 was also virtually stationary and the M25 was backed up for miles.

ianjpage

been snowing quite a bit in MK tonight - good 2 - 3 " overall coverage now and only just stopped now...gunna be fun if it freezes!!

art b

I seen a few gritters out, one came up our road on Saturday but..............

the amount of grit it was dispensing was a joke  

It equated to about one piece of grit per square metre  

End result nothing, zilch, zero, no difference what so ever

"micheal winner voice:on"  

"calm down dear you will blow a gasket"......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: