Main Menu

Calgary Snow

Started by nick69, December 22, 2009, 02:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick69

This is our local town, apparently the winter season has officially started.
If I had a camera id take pics of my truck, its an F350 SD and you can only see the top 6"
Still............................Meh

F Body

Quoting: nick69
apparently the winter season has officially started.

I bet it's rather colder than the UK

Did I mention I don't do

nick69

2 weeks ago we got down to -41c wind chill (-35c straight).

I didny do cold before but I dont mind it now (not -40c though) thats just silly!! Heating was up nobody went out. I put a glass of juice outside at 10am that weekend and it had frozen by 10:08!!

F Body

2 weeks ago we got down to -41c wind chill (-35c straight).

That ain't cold.....................it's Artic

My comfort zone stops at 15c, anything below 4c and my body struggles

nick69

People out here do skinny dip in the snow but not even they dared to do it then.
-13 to -20c is the average temps for winter. Once youve got all the kit on you dont notice the cold.

Just remember Feet, Hands and Head!!

HardRockCamaro

We can't cope with 2 inches of snow, let alone several feet..

cuban pete

That looks awesome mate !

Gator said you were looking at a T/A , did you get it in the end ?

Fieldy

Quoting: cuban pete
That looks awesome mate !

think it looks good

Time for one of these

art b

good to hear from ya nick ....
hope you and tash are enjoying the place....

.looks ...as id imagine.....its a good job ya aint got marti there.......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

nick69

Yeah I did, proper Bandit one too, well chuffed but I also got a Merc Cyclone from the same bloke.

Fjeldy, Believe it or not people do actually use them (well not nice ones like that) in the country. We dont live in a built up area and are 10 mins drive to our neighbour.

Hey Art, loving it although this year has been a struggle but next year should be much better.
Hows you and yours?

Roadkill

cuban pete

Yeah I did, proper Bandit one too, well chuffed but I also got a Merc Cyclone from the same bloke.

Fjeldy, Believe it or not people do actually use them (well not nice ones like that) in the country. We dont live in a built up area and are 10 mins drive to our neighbour.

Hey Art, loving it although this year has been a struggle but next year should be much better.
Hows you and yours?

awesome mate , what's it like ?   do you have any pics ?    Steve and me are jealous as hell

nick69

I had pics on my old laptop but it was nicked from my truck a couple of months ago. I think ive still got the sale pics the bloke used ill have a hunt for em.
He said it was mint but needed some trim bits and a couple of decals replacing. Running gear and motor have been fully detailed but it also has Black Leather which is nice, he had the vinyl replaced and it really makes a difference.
Now the Cyclone is super nice, both are tucked up under cover in the barn atm.
I hear work is coming on well on Steves Bullnose?

cuban pete

The bully is on the back burner at the second , but the firstgen is up at rockys having the full monty body job . it's going to be a lovely car and gator has a pretty clear idea on how he wants it to look .

would be great to see some pics of the trans am , if you find them just post them up

hopefully we should get an answer from the cic this spring , then with any luck it's sell some stuff and over to your side of the pond . can't wait

Fieldy

I would definitely use one, got to be the best thing for that weather

Gator

nick69

cuban pete

The Bro'mance continues

Gator

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

nick69

Shut up you two, go back to moaning about the snow LOL

cuban pete

snow rocks , i just want to be able to get out on the car and do some jobs though

nick69

I am going to play with the tractor that was left in our Barn tonight!!!
Tractor Snow Burnouts anyone !!!

ianjpage

Tractor Snow Burnouts anyone !!!

haha that sounds ace

nice to see ya on ere agin mate

cuban pete

just goes to show the canada is the best country on earth . we would get a homeless drug user in our barn for christmas