4.0 '95 Cherokee Parts needed

Started by Fieldy, December 31, 2009, 04:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldy

Hi guys,

am after a set of leaf springs for A 95 Cherokee Limited. Anyone know where I could source them?

I can't seem to find them on RockAuto, probably not surprising as it is A UK car

Cheers

Fieldy

Why didn't I think of EBay

I'm such a muppet sometimes

dad got quoted £190 each side, they're on there for £189 + delivery for the pair

Fieldy

Don't need them now, the head gasket has gone....

RIP Cherokee.... 14 years it has been owned by my old man....

HardRockCamaro

Has he owned it from new?

Not worth fitting a new headgasket yourself?

Fieldy

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Has he owned it from new?

A few months old it was.....

Not worth fitting a new headgasket yourself?

Rusty on the roof, both side, rusty underneath, needs leaf springs both sides. I did think for a minute of a donor engine possibility, but the actual car isn't worth it (Although, inside the interior is still 80% there)

HardRockCamaro

Got to be worth breaking for parts surely, especially the diff etc?

Fieldy

Got to be worth breaking for parts surely, especially the diff etc?

Probably, but my mum won't do anything until my dad is back.... don't know if any parts are shared between the Cherokee and yours, but the problem is the parts are in Devon so too fr to be any good to you anyway, no?

HardRockCamaro

I wasn't thinking of myself to be honest, I just thought they were popular enough vehicles over here to make it a possibility you could get some money back off it, especially by selling the diffs as they are expensive to replace and can need money spending on them if they are neglected.

But now that you mention it, I think some of the bits are interchangeable with the Wrangler, and *if* the rear diff is a Dana44 (as opposed to my weak Dana 35) and *if* it's possible to fit it without too much agro I could be interested...  

I'll do some research...

Fieldy

If my dad decides to break it, I will let you know. I will say it now though, he is not due back for another 10 weeks, my baby is due in 10 weeks(ish) so the priority wil no doubt lie there 1st....

I'll do some research...

Let me know the result anyway as I am nosey

HardRockCamaro

Looks like most Cherokee's came with the Dana 35 axle like mine, apart from a few with some sort of factory tow pack, plus there is all sorts of bracketry to change so not worth the hassle for me...

Fieldy

Looks like most Cherokee's came with the Dana 35 axle like mine, apart from a few with some sort of factory tow pack, plus there is all sorts of bracketry to change so not worth the hassle for me...

Ok, cool

Rob

Fieldy

Quoting: Rob
Turn it into an off roader.....

I always said to my dad that no matter what, I would buy it off him and go green laning in, but that was when I lived in Devon, now I live in Kent, there's not much point or way to get it up here