Things are starting to look up.. a little

Started by Amey, January 26, 2010, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amey

After being out of work since beginning of Nov, and giving my wrist a bit of time to rest, I finally started applying for jobs at the beginning of Jan
Things weren't going so well - applied for loads of jobs but either heard nothing at all or got a phone call person saying great things about my CV but then never calling back with an interview

Also the MRI appointment has come through for my wrist issue - gunna be next Thursday (4th). Not really looking forward to it as will be having a couple of different injections in the wrist as well as half hour in the scanner itself - but hopefully it will give the docs some clue as to what is going on with it.

Still carried on applying for jobs and putting my cv on as many job websites as poss
Finally decided to see what JobSeekers allowance might give me and signed up today
Then, typically, my mobile hasn't stopped ringing today

Now got 4 interviews lined up - some from jobs I applied for, others from just seeing my CV.
Got one tomorrow at 3pm for a company based just round the corner in Wolverton Mill, one on Thursday at 10am in Linford Wood and now one on Friday with Computacenter for their Santander support in Shenley wood for somewhen between 9-11.
Also got one for 2pm on Monday in Leighton Buzzard - This is for a role starting in Amersham and then moving to MK in Oct this year.

May also have another interview next week - but waiting to hear back on that one.

Fingers crossed one of them likes me/thinks I've got the skills to hire me

Wish me luck

Gator

well done you good luck

got lad off myself last week

Incursus

Jo

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

v8mad0

Amey

Well I've had 6 interviews in total, last of which was this morning.
The one this morning was in Amersham. The job will be based there until they move offices in October to Milton keynes.

Interview was at 11am. By the time I was back in MK I had a phone call from the agency saying they wanted to offer me the job - which was great but to make things even better they wanted to try and offer me more money as I could take it as a more in-depth role. They called back just past 5pm with an offer which was just over £2k more than the original amount. Plus there is a £2k supplement for travelling to Amersham

Have accepted the job and I start on Monday

Rob

nick69

Well done , I too have an interview coming up on the 24th. Its the perfect job for someone like me!!

Jo

Andy

Ah nice one!

Heck, if you're working from March onwards pop along to the meet on the first Tuesday, only up the big hill

/plug

Shifty

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

a91_formula

Must be a time for interviews - I had one yesterday too - from the feedback I got it's 99.9% mine but am waiting for the agency to confirm it :)

It's based in Abingdon so a bit of travelling but as it's only 25 miles each way - I'm happy :) and it's £2.5k more a year

Hopefully sold my Astro and am picking up something a bit more economical on Sunday .............. watch this space!!!

Well done Vicky :)
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Fieldy

Quoting: a91_formula
Must be a time for interviews - I had one yesterday too

me too

as long as I pass my driving assesment on Fri it is mine

Pod

EDGE

Amey

Cheers guys - just waiting for the paperwork to arrive and getting the confirmation of start date/time

Amey

Quoting: Amey
Have accepted the job and I start on Monday

Slight change of plan - they can't get the HR team to set me up quick enough to start on Monday - so will either be starting Wed/Thurs next week (and have Friday off), or the following Monday (22nd)